- Investment Expertise
Launched in 2000, our SICAV offering has now grown to include 21 strategies, investing in a variety of markets across the globe.
- Segregated investments
We offer a full range of segregated services, including specialist equity, bond, real estate, treasury, multi-asset, absolute return and discretionary balanced portfolios.
- Prices & Performance
- Our insight
The House View process provides a consistent macroeconomic framework to analysing global financial markets.
Our Head of Global Strategy, Andrew Milligan, introduces the latest edition of Global Outlook, a summary of our House View.
Standard Life Investments’ Global Strategy team provide regular analysis of the key economic data that has been influencing financial markets.
Our global strategists combine valuable experience, thorough research and analysis to tackle major issues of the moment.
Governance and stewardship is about making sure that companies’ operational processes and policies are robust and responsible.
- How we discharge our stewardship responsibilities
- Our policy for managing conflicts of interests
- How we monitor our investee companies
- Our guidelines for escalating engagement
- Our willingness to act collectively with other investors
- Our policy on voting and voting disclosure
- How we report on stewardship to our clients
We recognise the importance of transparency and accountability when it comes to our stewardship responsibilities. To this end, we have published an annual review of our governance and stewardship activities, which provides an account of how we have fulfilled our responsibilities. Please select the link below to view the 2016 annual review.2016 annual review
- Responsible Investment
We recognise that the management of environmental and social responsibilities is subject to many factors, and take into account the particular circumstances, industries and locations in which the companies operate.
We've produced guidelines on responsible investment to explain how we evaluate the environmental and social policies of the companies in which we are (or might be) an investor.
The Enhanced-Diversification Growth Fund from Standard Life Investments aims to connect clients to equity-like returns with only two-thirds of equity risk1. Developed by our renowned2 multi-asset team, the fund:
- demonstrates superior diversification to limit volatility
- has delivered superior risk-adjusted performance
- utilises a broad array of proven investment strategies
- is designed as a core component for DC investors over a lifetime.
Fund Manager Videos
Value for money
The UK recently introduced regulation that requires DC pension schemes to deliver ‘value for money’ (VFM) for its members. While there is no statutory definition of what constitutes VFM or how to measure it and no similar regulation in Ireland presently, the attached paper proposes a framework for assessing VFM in an investment context that can be readily used by DC schemes. Read more
1.Over the market cycle, typically 5-7 years.
2. Pensions Expert PIPA 2016, ‘Multi-asset Funds (including DGFs)’; Professional Pensions Awards 2013 and 2015: DC Investment Provider of the Year; The FT Pension and Investment Provider Awards 2014 and 2015: Diversified Growth Funds Winner; Professional Pensions UK Pensions Awards 2013 and 2014: Multi-asset Manager of the Year; Financial News 2014 Awards for Excellence: Winner of the Multi-Asset Manager Award.