- Investment Expertise
Launched in 2000, our SICAV offering has now grown to include 21 strategies, investing in a variety of markets across the globe.
- Segregated investments
We offer a full range of segregated services, including specialist equity, bond, real estate, treasury, multi-asset, absolute return and discretionary balanced portfolios.
- Prices & Performance
- Our insight
The House View process provides a consistent macroeconomic framework to analysing global financial markets.
Our Head of Global Strategy, Andrew Milligan, introduces the latest edition of Global Outlook, a summary of our House View.
Standard Life Investments’ Global Strategy team provide regular analysis of the key economic data that has been influencing financial markets.
Our global strategists combine valuable experience, thorough research and analysis to tackle major issues of the moment.
Governance and stewardship is about making sure that companies’ operational processes and policies are robust and responsible.
- How we discharge our stewardship responsibilities
- Our policy for managing conflicts of interests
- How we monitor our investee companies
- Our guidelines for escalating engagement
- Our willingness to act collectively with other investors
- Our policy on voting and voting disclosure
- How we report on stewardship to our clients
We recognise the importance of transparency and accountability when it comes to our stewardship responsibilities. To this end, we have published an annual review of our governance and stewardship activities, which provides an account of how we have fulfilled our responsibilities. Please select the link below to view the 2016 annual review.2016 annual review
- Responsible Investment
We recognise that the management of environmental and social responsibilities is subject to many factors, and take into account the particular circumstances, industries and locations in which the companies operate.
We've produced guidelines on responsible investment to explain how we evaluate the environmental and social policies of the companies in which we are (or might be) an investor.
Your investment options
Large investors may opt for either a specialist or balanced portfolio.
- Specialist funds will invest only in the markets or asset classes specified by you or your consultant. In addition, we can manage tailored segregated solutions designed to meet your particular liability objectives.
- Balanced funds invest in a diversified range of global equities, bonds, real estate and cash. Responsibility for stock selection is taken by the portfolio managers across the various asset classes. Our strategy team is responsible for asset allocation decisions relative to the composite benchmark agreed with your Client Director
Professional care from a single point of contact
As a segregated client, you will be provided with a Client Director, a named individual accountable to you and responsible for ensuring your investment needs are met. Regular meetings with the Client Director will help keep you up-to-date on your fund’s performance.
A dedicated Client Manager is also at hand to respond to any servicing matters.
We will also work with you to determine the level of reporting appropriate to your requirements, including reconciliations of cash and book values and updated valuations of your portfolio. Regular performance and portfolio reports will explain how your investments have performed, why we took particular investment decisions, and where we believe markets are headed.